Featuring WebGrade, a site categorization database that gives you control over what sites users can browse and blocks access to websites in particular categories, such as adult material, online gaming, personal email, travel websites, P2P, social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more. This extensive database provides URL coverage for over 280,000,000 domains and is updated daily.
Why choose GFI UnifiedProtection Edition WebMonitor?
- Improve network security by blocking known bad or compromised sites and scanning downloads for malware infection
- Control problem download: GFI WebMonitor enables you to set polices based on download thresholds. For example, the administrator can allow users to download a maximum of 100 MB per day from video sharing and online file storage websites such as YouTube or Dropbox. When users exceed their bandwidth threshold, they are blocked.
- Social controlsSocial media sites are essential for marketing purposes. Instant message and social control policies provide granular filtering capabilities. GFI WebMonitor can block Facebook applications and games without blocking Facebook, or block Gmail chat but not email.
- Surf time policiesGFI WebMonitor enables you to set surf time policies that define an acceptable amount of leisurely web surfing. This function helps strike a balance between potential productivity loss and outright website blocking, which may result in disgruntled employees.
- Boost bandwidth availability by blocking inappropriate downloads, video streams and gaming
- Remote filteringRemote filtering enables administrators to protect and filter laptops when they are off the corporate network. Changes to infrastructure are not necessary, nor is the need to expose the web proxy to the Internet. The agent is a self-contained application that uses online lookups to apply policies defined by the on-premise server.
- User/group/IP-based download control policies based on real file types: Create multiple user/group/IP-based download control policies to reflect security policies in the organization.
- Action-based alertsThe ability to define real-time alerts based on websites visited, websites blocked or bandwidth consumed enables you to anticipate high-risk situations. Large downloads, virus outbreaks, employee job searches, and visitation of inappropriate sites are among the issues immediately called to your attention.
- Protect your network from viruses, spyware, phishing and other malware
- Downloaded files can be scanned with multiple antivirus engines.
- Secure your infrastructure by ensuring that downloads are free of viruses, spyware and other malware.
- Bundled with the VIPRE and Bitdefender antivirus engines