You’ve been asking about new Acrobat Pro DC, and we have collected the answers for you, right here, right now.
|What’s Adobe Acrobat Pro DC all about?
Acrobat Pro DC is the latest version of Acrobat. It’s the complete PDF solution for working anywhere with your most important documents. Acrobat Pro DC is totally reimagined with a stunningly simple user experience that works consistently across desktop, mobile and the web — including touch-enabled devices. Acrobat Pro DC is offered as a subscription or one-time desktop purchase.
Here are just a few things you can do with Acrobat Pro DC:
- Work anywhere. Create, edit, comment and sign with the new Acrobat Pro DC mobile app. And use Mobile Link to access recent files across desktop, web and mobile.
- Edit anything. Instantly edit PDFs and scanned documents as naturally as any other file with revolutionary new imaging technology.
- Replace ink signatures. Request signatures from others and track responses in real time.
|I own a previous version of Acrobat. Why should I move to Acrobat Pro DC?
Acrobat Pro DC is a completely reimagined solution with a remarkably simple user experience that works consistently across desktop, mobile and the web — including touch-enabled devices. (Acrobat Standard DC is also available.)
Here are some of the new things you can do with Acrobat Pro DC:
- Turn scanned paper documents into instantly editable PDFs
- Edit PDFs faster with full-page paragraph reflow and easy bullet updates
- Export PDFs to Word, Excel or PowerPoint with improved bullets and tables
- Fill, sign and send forms fast from anywhere with smart autofill
- Use a spell-checker to identify and fix typos in your PDF
- Crop and correct photos of paper documents automatically
- Create PDFs directly from Microsoft Word for Mac, with links intact
And with a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC, you can also:
- Create and export PDFs from your computer, a web browser or your mobile device
- Edit text and organize pages from your iPad
- Turn your mobile-device camera into a portable document scanner
- Get signatures from others, track responses and archive signed documents
- Send, track and confirm receipt of important documents, without overnight deliveries
- Store and access files securely online with 20 GB of storage
- Get ongoing access to new features and upgrades at no additional charge
|How do I get my hands on Acrobat Pro DC?
Acrobat Pro DC is offered as a subscription or one-time desktop purchase.
- Subscription: You can buy Acrobat Pro DC through an annual or month-to-month subscription plan. It includes Acrobat Pro DC for your desktop, plus all-new mobile apps and Adobe Document Cloud services.
- Desktop: Get Acrobat Pro DC for your desktop only. Special upgrade pricing is available for Acrobat X and XI owners.
Do I need to be online to use Acrobat Pro DC?
The first time you open Acrobat Pro DC desktop software, you’ll need an Internet connection for software activation. After that, you’ll be able to work offline with ease. If you purchase a subscription, you’ll be asked to log in periodically to verify your credentials (every 30 days if you have a monthly plan, versus 99 days with an annual plan). Also, two new Acrobat tools — Send for Signature and Send & Track — require an online connection.
How does Acrobat Pro DC work with Microsoft Office?
Acrobat Pro DC integrates seamlessly with Office 365, Office 2013, Office 2010 and Office 2007 applications.
From Windows environments, you can:
- Create high-quality Adobe PDFs from the Acrobat task ribbon in Office apps (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook).
- Add protection to PDFs created from the Acrobat ribbon in Office to restrict others from copying or editing sensitive content.
- Use the Acrobat ribbon in Word, Excel or PowerPoint to execute many steps at once. Quickly email a PDF file, protect it with a password, set file usage restrictions or send a file out for shared review. In Acrobat Pro DC, you can also create a PDF and immediately run a preset Action for predefined tasks, such as preparing a document for archiving or public distribution.
- Use the Send & Track plug-in for Microsoft Outlook to send large or small files to others and set tracking options to be notified when people view your file (Pro subscription only).
- Import comments from a PDF file into the source Word document as markups that can be accepted or rejected with the Microsoft Word Track Changes tool.
- Simplify email search and retrieval. Archive emails or email folders from Microsoft Outlook with one-button ease.
- Create high-quality Adobe PDFs directly from Microsoft Project or Visio